Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What are your New Year resolutions?


This year my resolutions are just what I've been working on all year, really.

Be more patient.
Be more kind.
Judge less.
Understand more.
Eat healthier.
Work out daily.
Do more yoga.
Spend more time outside.
Make more memories.
Drink more water.
No more soda!
(I'm struggling with that one)

I have a work out group that I made on Facebook, that mainly consists of 30 day challenges that change every month. If anyone is interested, click here to join. :)
I've actually made quite a bit of progress. It was unexpected to say the least! But hard work and perseverance go a long way.

I also found a healthier alternative to soda, which is basically just making your own flavored syrup (from berries and sugar, or some people like maple syrup on its own, or you can even buy your own all natural syrup) and adding it to seltzer water to taste. I suppose you could do the same with Mio or something similar, but all that fake sugar just isn't for us. It's horrible for you, and it makes me and my two year old sick.
Yuck.
So anyway, there's that. I also want to drink more water to be healthier.
I've cut out dyes as much as possible for my son, as well as high fructose corn syrup, but I've decided it's time to do the same for myself. The best way to get healthy is to start from the inside out!

I know this is a short post, but my resolutions are mainly to keep up what I'm already working on.
Happy (late) New Year!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment