Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy (belated) birthday to me!

So on the 14th I celebrated my birthday, but I haven't gotten much of a chance to blog about it yet.
It was a really great day! I got to spend it with both halves of my family as I came back home on my birthday, so the first half was spent with my dad and the siblings on his side and the second half was spent with my mom and the kids on her side.
The night before I got to pick dinner, burgers with taco seasoning, mashed potatoes and chips! And right when I finished my dad and brothers turned off all the lights and confused the hell out of me. Then I saw the glow coming up the stairs and it made sense - birthday cake. Yes! That was probably one of the best birthday cakes I've ever had, too. Thick vanilla frosting, pink roses, and yellow cake that tasted almost strawberry flavored. It was soooo good, my mouth is watering thinking about it. As healthy as I try to eat, I can't lie and say I don't love some junk food. And because it was a special day, I taught Bug how to lick the frosting off the candles after they were blown out. He loved it!
In the morning, my dad bought us breakfast of my choosing - so, naturally, boston creme donuts and hot apple cider! I played with the kids, we all went for a walk, and we hung around just talking and laughing and having a great time together. For lunch he bought me an incredible roast beef sandwich - and I mean incredible, NY has the best delis! After that we hung out a while longer. We played some video games, I colored some pictures with the kids, just spent time together as a family and it was awesome. I definitely didn't want to leave so soon, and neither did Bug, but realistically we had just spent three weeks in NY and really needed to get back home to our jobs and continue preparing for our little Sparrow.
The goodbye was filled with lots of hugs, snuggles, kisses, tears, and little gifts - pictures the kids drew, these cute little handmade soaps. It was sad but they understood why we had to leave. I just hate leaving them, because I hate seeing them upset.
So we loaded up the car and we came back home.
It was pretty nice. I got to come home and see all my friends and we ordered pizza. It was so nice to be in my own bed again, too. I definitely all but dove for it the second I walked in the door. It was nice to just be home with family, but we're not doing anything really special until tomorrow night. When I came home we just spent time together and hung out and went for a walk. Tomorrow night we having homemade baked macaroni and cheese, from scratch, with tomatoes and breadcrumbs for dinner. It's one of the best homemade dinners you will ever eat, I promise you! Afterward we're going to have a double layered cookie cake with frosting. I'm so excited! This is all it takes to give me a good birthday, some good food.

So yeah, I had a pretty stellar birthday, and ended it snuggling with my favorite boy - my Bug. I definitely didn't want it to end, but it was a great birthday!


It is a pretty cool hat, though, isn't it? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment