Friday, May 31, 2013

Pregnancy VS Baby Being Here

Some days I feel like this pregnancy is dragging, and I find myself counting down the months, weeks and days until my little monkey is in my arms, meeting his or her new family and big brother. And then other days I feel like it’s flying by! I haven’t really been taking the time to sit back, relax and enjoy being pregnant. Not that it’s been entirely easy to, I’m 19w2d and still sick as a dog haha, but pregnancy is still a beautiful, wonderful experience. I mean, think about it. You’re creating another human being. A little body graced with a soul that some believe specifically chose YOU to be it’s mother. Others believe babies are given to parents who can teach them the lessons they, specifically, need to learn. Others still think there’s nothing special behind it, it’s just the baby you made. Whatever you believe, you’re creating a little being with an intricate nervous system, intertwining blood vessels, a brain that you can help mold so your little one can grow up to be a wonderous individual. Your body is making this from a microscopic sperm and egg! That in itself is incredible. There is little out there more beautiful than a person during pregnancy. There is also very little out there that’s more rewarding than being able to create and carry this little baby, give birth and raise it to adulthood. So while my due date still seems so far away, I’m going to take some time each day to sit back and reflect on and appreciate this pregnancy. I may complain about the aches and pains, the nausea and discomfort, but I’m grateful to be able to experience these things because there are all too many people out there who cannot, and wish they could.
This week, I’m feeling much better. I’ve been without my Sea Bands for about 4 days and the morning sickness at night is still almost unbearable but getting better. I learned that the baby pretty much throws their own little rave in utero when I listen to dubstep, and seems to calm down or maybe even fall asleep when I turn on Queen or Bon Jovi. It’s alright though, I have plenty of time to instill a love of good music in the bubs. They also only kick for other people’s hands haha, the second I put MY hand there they stop entirely. I believe the baby is now the size of a mango! And if we’re measuring head to foot instead of CRL they're about ten inches long :3

No comments:

Post a Comment