Wednesday, July 10, 2013

25 weeks :)


I know, today's blog is a little (a lot, it's 11:14PM) late, but it's here!
I'm twenty five weeks along today. That means around 15-17 weeks left to go! Asher's hearing has gotten much more sensitive and he's beginning to recognize voices. Mine's a given, he lives inside me.
Anyway, Asher is about the size of a cauliflower now! So roughly 13.6-14.8 inches long and 1.5-2.5lbs. He now knows up from down and is packing on the baby fat, and with this heartburn he's hopefully growing some hair too! I'm only two weeks away from my third trimester, and that's pretty exciting. It's weird to think of how close I really am to meeting the bubs. When I was pregnant with Noah, it dragged and dragged and dragged for what felt like centuries. It felt like days took weeks, weeks took months and months took years. I still can't get over how wonderful pregnant swimming is. It's incredible, the weightlessness and relaxation and just fun. It's tiresome but it feels so nice, and it takes all the pressure off your back.
Absolutely wonderful.
I also can't get over how much I dislike swollen ankles and I don't like to think of how much worse it will get in the coming months. A summer pregnancy isn't as bad, so far anyway, as everyone says it is (for me), but it's far from a walk in the park. I never got dehydrated so easily when I was pregnant with Noah, my limbs/appendages didn't swell, standing wasn't so tiring, I didn't get overheated... I legitimately broke a sweat today - sitting on my couch. With the AC going. And barely any clothing.
Is a summer pregnancy better than a winter one? Yes and no.

Yes:
*Easier to show off my bump
*Swimming
*Cute maternity wear
*Flip flops (I can't get enough of them when I'm pregnant)
*Pretty summer skirts
*Camis (why are they so comfy during pregnancy?)
*Good reason to let my belly hang out and not stretch my shirts
*Pregnant people get free ice cream

No:
*I'll be blunt - it's fucking hot
*Easily dehydrated
*Swollen feet/ankles
*I can't reach to paint my toe nails
*I'm always hot
*The heat makes me tire easily
*Sitting outside gets pretty uncomfortable
*No roller coasters
*No trampoline
*No diving board

It's worth it no matter what season you're pregnant in, though. It's always worth it to create human life!
I consider that my super power - I make people, and I make milk. Take that, Superman!



No comments:

Post a Comment