Wednesday, June 26, 2013

23 weeks!


And today will be a pool day! So at 23 weeks Asher is the size of a grapefruit! He can hear much better now (he can even hear that obnoxious car that speeds up and down my street... sorry Ash!) and his face is fully developed, sans the cute, chunky baby fat. He's so much more active now and has finally moved up and away from my cervix instead of keeping his head tucked in, which is nice. Well, for now, up until he can reach my ribs and lodge his little piggies in there. 
Me? I can't stop peeing. Ever. I'm forever excusing myself to get up because "I have to piss like a racehorse, I'll be right back." I mean really, I didn't know my body could make so much and I apparently didn't learn from Noah. You never realize how awesome your bladder really is until you have a fetus squishing it and severely decreasing its capacity.
Sleep is so eighties. Or rather, so January. That's the last month I could sleep comfortable and there's no end in sight just yet. It's getting worse by the day, but it's totally worth it. If I get somewhat comfortable on my side, my hips and knees hurt. Fix that with a pillow between my knees, and my shoulders hurt. Adjust my pillow to compensate and my neck hurts. There is no winning.
You know what I do have that's pretty neat though? Besides what looks like an alien creature stretching out in my stomach? Boobs. Finally! Haha, I don't have these unless I'm pregnant or nursing - so I guess I'm set for the next 3 and a half years or so.
I had an OB appointment the other day, which was nice. I found some organic prenatals but I'm still probably not going to take them. My midwife gave me a kickass list of vitamins to buy so I'm getting everything I need and nothing I don't. My OB isn't worried about my placenta in correlation to my cervical opening. It's not even close enough to be considered a low lying placenta (yay!) but the ultrasound techs often get confused with this, I guess. They did some bloodwork because it never got done at my old OB's office, which sucked as always. Those needles hurt for being so tiny (but I can get through natural childbirth? I'm a walking oxymoron) and she only took 3 vials of blood but it was enough to make me really dizzy. We'll see what my bloodwork holds on July 22.
I also got the okay to go back to babysitting and to go back to taking on clients for my business. Yay! And I have two potential clients right now, which is awesome. I love my job and it makes me so happy to know my body can handle it. I can go back to my long walks, and to light jogging, and chasing a 2 and 3 year old around the park. No limits on dancing or yoga or picking up my 26lb bubs - yay again! This week is choc full of all kinds of great news and I'm loving it. Despite the heartburn, peeing and difficulty sleeping, I feel wonderful. This is probably my best point in this pregnancy! Woo-hoo! Now to go get Bug ready for the pool :)



No comments:

Post a Comment