Thursday, August 8, 2013

29 weeks!


It's only 10:00AM. I need coffee. Ahh.
Sorry I haven't been posting quite as much lately, life's been pretty hectic. Hopefully things will be back to normal after today, and if not, they'll likely be back to normal by next Wednesday. Fingers crossed for today! I know I've been posting a day late every week for three weeks, but it's due to my Wednesdays for the last three weeks being hectic and chaotic and stressful.
As of yesterday I'm 29 weeks along! That means only 11 weeks to go (or 13+ if baby's really comfy and cozy in there). Asher is the size of an acorn squash, or roughly 15.2 to 16.7 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8lbs. Getting big! He has the hiccups pretty much all the time it feels like, but it's a good sign. Just slightly uncomfortable when I'm trying to sleep and my belly keeps jumping and twitching. He's started to get cramped in there, because he's getting taller and chunkier and there's only so much space my body can make, and it feels like he's trying to kick and punch his way out to where there's bigger, open space instead of a cramped uterus haha. Oh, and his spleen is doin' stuff now, like being in charge of hematopoiesis. That's the process involved in building up certain important blood components.
Nothing really new over here for me, though. Worse heartburn, still can't sleep, still feel like I'm peeing every ten minutes, and still crazy emotional. That last part sucks worse than all the others combined, by the way.
I have been watching a stretch mark slowly form for the last couple of weeks, though. With Noah the one I got on my belly kind of appeared out of nowhere one day, so it's been weird to watch this one slowly fade into existence. It's right next to my belly button, and the other one is right above my belly button. I was lucky with Bug, although I got a fair amount of stretchies on my butt and my boobs, I only had one on my belly. Seeing how big I am this time around, however, I feel like I'm going to have a host of them by the time I give birth. No one likes stretch marks, but I'll wear mine proudly. They're not battle scars, they're proof that my body is capable of growing, creating and nourishing another human being. If that's not something to be proud of and thankful for, I don't know what is.
I'll be back to post later, I either need some coffee or a babysitter to watch Bug and let me get some sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment