Monday, August 19, 2013

Baby Shower!


Starting this post off with some super cute, unrelated pictures of my Buggyman. The first one kind of looks like he's nursing, but he's kissing my belly and telling Sparrow good morning :) And the second one was taken after a long day of playing at the park and being a cranky butt, we came home and he asked me to put his pillow and my blanket in the chair to lie down, so I did and he was out like a light before I could count to ten. Too stinkin' cute!
We had our baby shower on Saturday, unfortunately we didn't get many pictures, but I took pictures of the stuff we received


So let's start off with a list of the many things we got from our awesome family and friends!
My Brest Friend nursing pillow, diaper bag, $40 Amazon card (we bought diapers), tons of clothes, bunny slippers, two wetbags, a travel wetbag, nine newborn cloth diapers, 4 one-size cloth diapers, two fluffy blankets, two blanket sleepers, two handmade jersey-knit wraps (I practiced wrapping Bear in the first picture!), one package of newborn sposies, wipes, a whole bunch of cloth diaper prefolds, lots of itty bitty socks, nursing pads, a bathmit, a walker, some Eric Carl inspired baby toys, four receiving blankets, tons of washcloths, 3 hooded towels, a first aid kit, baby beanies, gas drops, diaper cream, teething rings, infant ibuprofen, pacifiers, pacifier wipes, baby shampoo and lotion, baby powder, and some layette sets.
We've got pretty much everything we need! Now the rest of our money can go to our midwife, our birth kit, bottles, Soothie pacifiers and a breast pump (oh, and re-usable nursing pads too, because I go through a box of disposables a day!)
There was lots of great food and great friends, and we had a lot of fun. Bug was so happy to get to open all of Sparrow's presents for him since, seeing as he's currently in utero, he can't do it himself! Everything he opened he showed to our friends and family and then to my belly and said "Brudder this is yours!" He's really the cutest two year old ever. I did a good job, I have no shame bragging about him!
It was nice to see family I don't see regularly. I couldn't have asked for a better shower! I'm so grateful for everything we got. I'll have to upload a picture of the diaper stash soon! The 5 or 6 diapers we ordered online should be here right around my birthday. Happy birthday to me!



I'll be back to update on Wednesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment