Thursday, August 1, 2013

I'm 28 weeks!


I'll start this with an apology for the crappy quality phone picture and for not posting a single thing in a week! I'll be switching out the pictures with the original 28 week pictures I took as soon as I find my upload cord for my camera. I'm excited, too, because there's a pretty stellar photo bomb in those pictures. I was trying to take a picture of my belly and Bug ran up to me and kissed my belly and I caught it on camera just in time!
Also, I'd like to share this comparison picture:


Left is 39 weeks with my first son, and the right is 28 weeks with this one. Holy belly... I didn't realize I was so tiny with Noah, or that there was such a difference between my belly with Noah and with Asher. I mean, really, I think I was smaller a week before having Noah than I am now with Asher, with 12 weeks left to go still. And those aren't stretch marks (yet) in the second picture, I let someone draw on my belly. It seems to be a favored canvas among the littles, haha.
So, back to business - I can't believe I only have 12 weeks left to go! Ash is blinking a lot now, and responding more to light and dark. His bone marrow is making blood cells and his adrenal glands should be beginning production of androgen and estrogen, which, in turn, should start stimulating my body to start producing milk. He's prepping for breathing on his own by continuing to practice "breathing" his amniotic fluid and pee- no matter how old I am, I'll always find that a little bit funny. I should also start feeling more Braxton Hicks contractions (wait, what? I can get even more of those?) as my body continues to prep for labor and real contractions. I never really got Braxton Hicks contractions with Bug, but I've been getting them since about 15 weeks this time around. Then again, this pregnancy is pretty much a night and day difference from my first, so it's not entirely surprising. His about the size of an eggplant and from this week on his development will mainly consist of the same things; gaining weight, inches and fine-tuning his breathing.
Tums have really become my best friend in the world. I don't know how I'd make it through the night without them. No matter how long I wait before sleeping after eating, the second I lay down it's heartburn central. No joke, it could be four hours since my last snack and I'll have heartburn that's enough to seem like Hell exists in my chest and throat. Sucky but worth it, I'm just still clinging to the hope that the old wives' tale will ring true again and I'll give birth to a baby with a head full of hair. You know, like this:


That's Bug when he was two days old. My mom was holding him so I could get a good picture of all the hair he had, and boy, was it a lot. It was so soft and fluffy and always stood straight up and I loved it! His head was just a little fuzzball with a wise old man face, he was (and is) such a cutie. I still think Ash is going to have brown hair like me, but I think Noah's will turn dark too. Either way I just hope he comes out with enough hair to justify the awful heartburn.




No comments:

Post a Comment